When it comes to social media apps, I love trying them all. As a result, I do seem to be a bit fickle as to what my new “favorite” is. But, I like to think of it as product testing and review. Works for me….
Instagram for my business??
Absolutely! In fact, I would encourage you to create an Instagram account so that you can familiarize yourself with its interface as well as check out the diversity in businesses that have Instagram accounts. You will be happily surprised.
Here’s why Instagram works for businesses.
- Engagement: Photos bring out the voyeur in people. We like to peek into other people’s lives and Instagram allows that to happen in a very non-creepy and interactive way. Sharing photos stimulates responses which equal that all powerful component of social media…engagement!
- Hashtags: While most of us think of hashtags as fun and a way to find out what is trending, we need to keep in mind that hashtags become searchable words, terms or phrases. When you post a picture to Instagram and tag it with relevant and clever hashtags, you have just increased the likelihood of being seen…and isn’t that what you want?
- Convenience: You most likely have a phone with a camera in it. All you have to do is upload the Instagram app and point, shoot and upload. How easy is that?!?
- Realism: By sharing photos that are fun and a sneak peek at the behind the scenes aspect of your business, you create a sense of realism for your business. Suddenly you are not just a name or concept…now you have a staff that hams it up for the camera. You are real!
- Links: Instagram makes it easy for you to spread the love with just a few simple clicks. When you’ve taken that oh-so-amazing photo of your whacky staff, you can post it to not only Instagram but to Facebook and Twitter as well. And, since content is king, well, you do the math….
So, start taking fun and relevant pictures of your business. Promote your brand with the help of Instagram. If you want to take cute pics of your patients/customers/clients with you or your staff, take Rita Zamora’s advice in her recent article for Off the Cusp and obtain a signed informed consent before posting pictures of them.
If you want a little coaching on how to have InstaFun with Instagram, let me know! After all, Instagram is my new favorite app! Drop me an email at Claudia@SocialMediaDDS.com or simply fill in the little “Let’s Talk” box that has popped up on the lower right of your screen.
Smile…you’re on Instagram!!